- This event has passed.
7th Annual EBC/AIM EHS Managers Seminar
March 17, 2006 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
- Environmental Business Council
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts
- Leonard C. Sarapas, P.E., P.H., Corporate Director Environmental Health & Safety, Boston Scientific
- Robin Ellis (Invited), Director EHS, Aggregate Industries
- David Newman, Corporate Director HSE, Millipore Corporation
- Joseph Kwasnik, Vice President-Environmental, National Grid USA Service Company, Inc.
Topic: The Evolving Role of the Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Registration and continental breakfast: 7:30 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
This Program will highlight a panel of managers from a cross section of Massachusetts companies that have varying levels of responsibility for environmental, health and safety within their organizations. Learn first-hand from these managers about how their roles are evolving and how their EHS programs deal with issues that include: regulatory compliance and beyond, Environmental Management Systems (EMS), integration of safety and environmental, business continuity planning, facility planning, energy management, environmental management information systems (EMIS), business integration, performance measurement, outsourcing and more.
Some of the points to be addressed by the panelists include a discussion of:
- Their company and their current job responsibilities
- Key priorities for the short and long term
- How major changes have and will impact job responsibilities
- Business tools used (systems, reports, lists)
- How specific tasks are accomplished (self, staff, operations, contractors)
- Future opportunities that they see for themselves