This EBC Rhode Island program will present updates from the state agencies directly involved in the management and improvement of the water quality of the Narragansett Bay. These organizations include the RI Bays, Rivers, and Watersheds Coordination Team (RI BRWCT), the RI Department of Environmental Management (RIDEM) and the Narragansett Bay Commission (NBC). Each organization has been active in funding and managing projects to examine how best to improve water quality from a variety of perspectives. For instance the RI BRWCT is funding the Narragansett Bay Water Quality Stakeholders Process, NBC is funding the Phase III CSO Re-Evaluation, and RI DEM is funding Implications of Climate Change on WWTF Collection and Treatment Infrastructure, among others. As these projects and programs progress there will be opportunities for the private sector to participate in the planning, designing and building the requisite infrastructure to accomplish these water quality goals.
The EBC RI program will commence with representatives from each organization discussing what roles they play in the larger issue of water quality improvement and the status of their projects and programs to define and ultimately how to reach those goals. A panel discussion of the speakers will follow these presentations where the audience can ask specific or general questions related to the topic.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Craig Swanson, Associate, RPS ASA
- Ames Colt, Ph.D., Chair, RI Bays, Rivers and Watersheds Coordination Team, Office of the Government, RI DEM Director’s Office
- Angelo Liberti, Chief, Surface Water Protection, RI Department of Environmental Management
- Bill Patenaude, Principal Engineer, Office of Water Resources, RI Department of Environmental Management
- Thomas Uva, Director of Planning, Policy & Regulation, Narragansett Bay Commission
Visit the Presentations section of the EBC website to view the available presentations from this program.View Final Agenda