- This event has passed.
15th Annual Environmental Industry Summit
March 22, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - March 24, 2017 @ 12:00 pm
The Environmental Industry Summit is a national three-day learning event bringing together professionals from the environmental industry. With an ideal setting, ample networking opportunities and presentations and panel discussions from environmental industry executives and analysts, the Environmental Industry Summit offers a unique opportunity to gain valuable perspective on today’s environmental industry.
EBC Members receive a special discounted rate to attend the Summit – $795, a $200 discount. To receive the discount, register here and select “Additional Attendee or EBC-NE/NEBC Member” from the dropdown list.
The 2016 EBJ and CCBJ Business Achievement Awards will be presented in a special ceremony and awards banquet at EBJ/CCBJ’s Environmental Industry Summit in San Diego, California, on the evening of March 22, 2017. The Environmental Industry Summit is an annual three-day event hosted by EBJ and CCBJ. Dates for the 2016 Summit are March 22-24, 2017 and award recipients are invited to attend to receive their award.
VIEW 2016 EBJ AWARD WINNERS
VIEW 2016 CCBJ AWARD WINNERS
WEDNESDAY MARCH 22
2-6pm Opening Session
Reception & Awards Banquet: 6:30-9:30pm; Hotel del Coronado
THURSDAY MARCH 23
8:30-5:30 at the Del; Reception & Dinner at Miguel’s
FRIDAY MARCH 24
8-12pm at the Del; Golf at Coronado Golf Club
EBJ State of the Industry 2017
A snapshot of environmental industry performance in 2016 and growth forecast for 2017-2018 in key segments. Client forecast featuring results of EBJ’s 2017 survey of 100+ executives, and service areas experiencing growth. Perspective on regional markets and global opportunities as well as how investors, M&A, client focus and global strategy is impacting marketshare in C&E, remediation, industrial services and labs. As climate strategies veer towards long-term resilience and adaptation, the shape of the climate change industry has evolved, but global policy and economic factors will continue to be a moving target.
Presenter: Grant Ferrier, Editor-in-Chief, Environmental Business Journal
Executive Response Panel
Executives stress-test EBJ’s political, economic and industry outlook and render opinions on how their companies will strategically and tactically address industry challenges and opportunities. Topics: Reaction to the new administration, Opportunities in infrastructure; Response to industry consolidation; Impact of energy prices; Global markets & competition; U.S. manufacturing; Trajectory of federal programs.
Politics, Policy, Economics & Market Drivers
EBJ’s Man-in-Washington Andy Paterson reports on outlook for a “REBOOT” in 2017 in environmental and energy industries:
REBOOT IN WASHINGTON
- Results of the 2016 Election through a longer viewpoint: Republicans have been building up with states since 2010, through 2020.
- “Four Scenarios” for the Trump-Ryan Government: A) Hard right; B) Good Cop; C) Ryan as Prime Minister; D) Derailment
- Whether EPA’s Clean Power Plan, or a withering EPA? Waters of the US, Infrastructure and Energy bill ? Big Tax Reform.
- Energy Reboot: “Fossil First” and American Energy Independence — More fracking, Pipelines, grid upgrades, Nuclear rebuild / extend.
- Federal budgets and other government programs with the Republicans in charge: Defense, Energy, Interior, EPA
- COP23, or Bust? What future for the “E8” [Energy & Environmental Eight — P5 with EU, NAFTA, OPEC, Japan/S.Korea]
- Panel with Climate Sage David Victor (UCSD) — A “Dashboard for Climate Change to 2050”
Presenter: Andy Paterson, EBJ Senior Politics and Policy Director; and EBJ Editorial Board Member, Verdigris Capital partner