Upcoming Programs & Events
Page Last Updated May 18, 2023
The mission of the EBC Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is to promote and advance DEI issues in the environmental and energy sectors. The Committee works to implement EBC’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion vision: to welcome ideas and perspectives in the environmental and energy sectors that stem from participation and collaboration among groups with different backgrounds, leading to a stronger and more creative industry.
The Committee works to a) increase participation of diverse groups in EBC programs and events; b) facilitate the sharing of best practices for attracting, retaining, and including diverse groups in the environmental and energy industry; c) promote equity and inclusion by helping to boost the voices of all members of the environmental and energy industry; d) establish an outreach program to help recruit more diverse talent into the industry.
To implement the mission statement, the Committee will:
- Establish ongoing Committee meetings.
- Build relationships with experts in DEI, both at member companies and outside organizations, including government and industry.
- Organize programs and events to share DEI experiences, training, and best practices.
- Develop methods to increase the diversity of EBC speakers and program attendees and metrics to track progress.
- Establish relationships with outside organizations to help attract a diverse array of talent to the environmental and energy industry.