Next Program Planning Meeting
Page Last Updated July 26, 2023
Water Resources Committee
The mission of the EBC Water Resources Committee is to identify and address water resources issues and opportunities that are of concern and of interest to EBC members and their clients. Issues include but are not limited to legislative, regulatory and policy developments, innovative technologies, and business development opportunities at the federal, state, regional, and local level. These issues are addressed by providing objective information from up-to-date and reliable sources including government officials, technology developers, and business experts.
To implement this mission statement, the committee will:
- Organize quarterly or monthly committee meetings where guest speakers can address topics of concern.
- Organize morning and half day program on major topics of concern.
- Foster networking occasions that create opportunities for the EBC membership to engage with important stakeholders including existing and potential clients and other EBC members.
- Organize focus groups to provide federal and state regulators, regional planners and policy makers with ideas, experiences and opinions on defined draft policies or regulations.
- Create and foster an open and ongoing exchange with policy makers, legislators and regulators.
Program Topics include:
- Water Supply – public and private sector
- Wastewater Treatment
- Stormwater Management
- Sustainable Water Management
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Water Withdrawals
- Wetlands Management
And Work with Federal and State agencies that include:
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACOE)
- Massachusetts Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (RIDEM)
- Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (CT DEEP)
- New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NH DES)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)