Next Program Planning Meeting
Page Last Updated October 20, 2023
Transportation Infrastructure Committee
The mission of the EBC Transportation Infrastructure Committee is to address a wide variety of transportation topics, from both a strategic perspective and in detail, that are of concern and interest to EBC members and their clients. The committee will address environmental business-related public policy developments impacting the transportation sector and explore opportunities arising from transportation infrastructure spending in New England, along with other timely topics as they arise. Committee members will actively collaborate with other EBC committees, chapters, and working groups where transportation infrastructure issues are of shared interest.
To implement this mission statement, the committee will:
- Organize meetings, programs, and webinars that provide attendees with the opportunity to learn about public policy developments of interest to the transportation industry, receive updates on major projects, and facilitate discussions about business opportunities of interest to EBC members.
- Create networking opportunities that encourage EBC members to engage with important transportation sector stakeholders, including existing and potential clients and other EBC members.
- Create and foster an open and ongoing exchange with policy makers, legislators, and regulators.
- Collaborate with other EBC committees to develop joint programs, recognizing that transportation infrastructure topics are often of interest to multiple committees.
Program topics include:
- Reviews of large infrastructure projects with a focus on environmental matters, public policy, or regulatory changes of interest to the transportation sector and the EBC community generally.
- Climate resilience trends in the transportation infrastructure sector.
- Regular planning, programming, and budgeting updates from federal, state, and municipal agencies including:
o Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (CT DEEP)
o Connecticut Department of Transportation
o Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport)
o Massachusetts Department of Transportation (Highway Division)
o Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)
o Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EOEEA)
o New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NH DES)
o New Hampshire Department of Transportation
o Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (RIDEM)
o Rhode Island Department of Transportation
o Major Cities in New England
o U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
o U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)