Next Program Planning Meeting
Page Last Updated July 12, 2022
Ocean and Coastal Resources Committee
The mission of the EBC Ocean and Coastal Resources Committee is to identify and address ocean and coastal resource issues and opportunities that are of concern and of interest to EBC members and their clients. Issues include but are not limited to legislative, regulatory and policy developments, innovative technologies, and business development opportunities at the federal, state, regional, and local level. These issues are addressed by providing objective information from up-to-date and reliable sources including government officials, technology developers, and business experts.
To implement this mission statement, the committee will:
- Organize quarterly or monthly committee meetings where guest speakers can address topics of concern.
- Organize morning, half day program and full day programs on major topics of concern.
- Foster networking occasions that create opportunities for the EBC membership to engage with important stakeholders including existing and potential clients and other EBC members.
- Organize focus groups to provide federal and state regulators, regional planners and policy makers with ideas, experiences and opinions on defined draft policies or regulations.
- Create and foster an open and ongoing exchange with policy makers, legislators and regulators.
Program topics include:
- Ocean Management Plans
- Offshore Electrical Transmission
- Offshore Wind Energy
- Coastal and Offshore Hydrokinetics, including tidal and wave energy
- Dredging and dredging material management
- Ports and Harbors
- Sea Level Rise
- Shoreline Change
- Coastal Wetlands Management
And work with Federal and State agencies that include:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACOE)
- Bureau of Ocean Energy Management(BOEM)
- Massachusetts Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Rhode Island Coastal Resources Management Council(CMRC)
- Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (RIDEM)
- Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (CT DEEP)
- New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NH DES)
- National Ocean Council
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)