Next Program Planning Meeting
Upcoming Programs & Events
Page Last Updated January 13, 2023
The mission of the EBC Infrastructure Committee is to identify and address infrastructure issues and opportunities that are of concern and of interest to EBC members and their clients. Issues include but are not limited to legislative, regulatory and policy developments, innovative technologies, and business development opportunities at the federal, state, regional, and local level. These issues are addressed by providing objective information from up-to-date and reliable sources including government officials, technology developers, engineering and scientific practitioners, and business experts.
To implement this mission statement, the committee will:
- Organize quarterly or monthly committee meetings where guest speakers can address topics of concern.
- Organize morning, half day program and full day programs on major topics of concern.
- Foster networking occasions that create opportunities for the EBC membership to engage with important stakeholders including existing and potential clients and other EBC members.
- Organize focus groups to provide federal and state regulators, regional planners and policy makers with ideas, experiences and opinions on defined draft policies or regulations.
- Create and foster an open and ongoing exchange with policy makers, legislators and regulators.
- Collaborate with other EBC committees to develop joint programs, recognizing that infrastructure crosses into many aspects of our collective business and membership.
Program topics include:
- ISI Envision Rating System
- Washington Watcher – What going on with infrastructure spending
- What is green, gray, and blue infrastructure
- Incorporating resilience into infrastructure projects
- Programs that target large infrastructure projects currently being planned with a focus on the environmental side in each of the New England states
- Infrastructure planning, how are projects determined and prioritized
And work with Federal and State agencies that include:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACOE)
- Bureau of Ocean Energy Management(BOEM)
- Massachusetts Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Rhode Island Coastal Resources Management Council(CMRC)
- Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (RIDEM)
- Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection CT DEEP)
- New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services NH DES)
- National Ocean Council
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
- Massachusetts Agencies include:
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Mass Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Massachusetts Water Resources Authority
- Massachusetts Port Authority
- Massachusetts Department of Transportation
- Other State Agencies in RI, CT, NH