Page Last Updated June 23, 2021
Energy Resources Committee
The mission of the EBC Energy Resources Committee is to identify and address energy and renewable energy issues that are of concern and of interest to EBC members and their clients. Issues include but are not limited to legislative, regulatory and policy developments in the New England states, innovative technologies, recent project successes, and business development opportunities at the federal, state, regional, and local level. These issues are addressed by providing objective information from up-to-date and reliable sources including government officials, technology developers, and business experts.
To implement this mission statement, the committee will:
- Create and foster an open and ongoing exchange with legislators and regulators.
- Organize focus groups to provide state regulators and policy makers with ideas, experiences and opinions on defined draft policies or regulations.
- Organize routine committee meetings where guest speakers can address topics of concern.
- Organize seminars, workshops or conferences on energy and renewable energy issues.
- Organize Matchmaking sessions that focus on energy and renewable energy sectors.
- Foster networking opportunities that create opportunities for the EBC membership to meet important stakeholders, potential clients and other EBC members.
Program Topics of Interest include:
- Grid transformation and modernization including development of smart grids
- Domestic shale gas revolution and its impact on the generation mix
- Natural gas delivery to the northeast including pipelines and LNG
- Power plant retirements
- Distributed generation, demand resources and micro grids
- Solar power policy and development including SRECs
- Land-based and offshore wind energy policy and development
- Net metering policies
- Biomass, waste-to-energy, and anaerobic digestion
- Deployment of niche and developing technologies such as landfill gas, fuel cells and hydrokinetics
- State and federal energy policies including the Green Communities Act, Clean Energy Standard, Global Warming Solutions Act, and proposed legislation
- EPA Clean Power Plan
- FERC Order 1000 (transmission)
- Importing Canadian Hydro and Wind
- Reemergence of Nuclear Power
- The role of ISO New England and other RTOs