Page Last Updated September 14, 2021
Climate Change and Air Committee
The mission of the EBC Climate Change and Air Committee is to identify and address air pollution and climate change issues that are of importance to EBC members and their clients. Issues include but are not limited to legislative, regulatory and policy developments, innovative technologies, and business development opportunities at the federal, state, regional, and local level.
These issues are addressed by providing objective information from up-to-date and reliable sources including government officials, academics, technology developers, and business experts.
To carry out this mission, the EBC Climate Change and Air Committee will:
- Create and foster an open and ongoing exchange with legislators and regulators.
- Solicit input from academia, private developers and business experts.
- Organize focus groups to provide state regulators and policy makers with ideas, experiences and opinions on defined draft policies or regulations.
- Organize special Climate Change Forums to promote the exchange of information.
- Organize seminars, workshops or conferences on major topics of interest to EBC members and their clients.
- Hold networking events for EBC members to meet key stakeholders and interact with clients and other EBC members.
Program Topics of interest include:
- GHG inventorying and verification methods
- Innovative GHG emission reduction technologies
- Carbon management and trading strategies
- GHG reporting and disclosure
- Impacts assessment