March 29, 2007
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Framingham Town Hall
On March 29, 2007, participate in a one-day workshop to learn how brownfields revitalization is critical to community revitalization. Brownfields are often located on valuable real estate in central areas, near businesses and their amenities. With a focus on redeveloping brownfields in smaller municipalities, brownfield experts will discuss how to cleanup and bring brownfield properties into productive reuse.
The workshop is being hosted by NALGEP, with support from the US EPA. Discussion topics will include:
- Brownfields nuts and bolts: Getting started and make it a priority in your community.
- Case studies and best practices.
- The role of brownfields in community planning.
- Partnerships with developers, lenders, and property owners.
- Managing potential liability.
- State and federal partners in redevelopment.
- Innovative financing.
- Community outreach.
Who should attend:
- Local officials
- State and federal officials
- Developers and property owners
- Community groups