The 6th annual Boston Environmental Film festival (BEFF) is a one-day film festival on MAY 18, 2014 presenting documentaries paired with shorts that investigate the challenges, the solutions, the activist stories, and the sheer beauty of our planet. BEFF is presented by the non-profit “e” inc.
On May 18, 2014, films will be shown in Two Sessions:
Session One — 11:00am to 1:00pm
Session Two — 2:30pm to 4:30pm
BEFF films are at four venues around downtown Boston:
1. The Goethe Institute – Beacon Street
2. Atlantic Wharf -Congress Street
3. Castle Square Community Building – Tremont Street
4. Charlestown Navy Yard Building 114 16th Street
Note: ALL SITES CAN BE EASILY REACHED BY PUBLIC TRANSIT – MBTA TRAINS, COMMUTER TRAINs, BUSES.
All showings will have several short films from the Wild and Scenic Film Festival National Tour followed by a documentary on one of 8 topics: from Fighting Fracking in Poland and Saving Elephants in Kenya to City Rooftop Farms across the country and Activists Saving the Songbirds of the Mediterranean.
11:00 AM Showings
1. The Human Experiment – Building 114: The Navy Yard
2. Growing Cities – The Goethe Institute
3. Symphony of the Soil – Castle Square Community Center
4. Drill Baby Drill — Atlantic Wharf
2:30 PM Showings
1. Extreme Realities – Building 114: The Navy Yard
2. Emptying the Skies – The Goethe Institute
3. Trashed – Castle Square Community Center
4. White Gold (Elephants) and Ocean Frontiers II
All showings will have either Guest Speakers, or a Panel of Experts and some will even have action opportunities. For guest bios visit www.e-action.us and tab the festival page. Confirmed guests are:
AM SPEAKERS Growing Cities: Kristen Mobilia (Fenway Victory Garden), Courtney Hennessey, Drill Baby Drill: Sue Reid (CLF), John Rumpler(Environment America ) & John Koplos (Cadmus Group), Nicola Williams
PM SPEAKERS Extreme Realities: special guest, Emptying the Skies: Cornell Ornithology Speaker, White Gold: African Film Makers Society
Tours of the “e” inc. Environment Science Discovery & Action Museum at Bldg. 114 will be given at: 10,1,2,& 4:30
Tours of the two LEED certified film venues (Atlantic Wharf and Castle Square) will be given a half-hour before and right after each film at those sites.