The Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation is seeking a select group of 12 qualified and motivated college students eager to explore their interest in DCR Park management and operations through a summer of hands-on work and learning.
This summer the DCR Park Fellow 2007 program will consist of:
- A twelve week park or district assignment with a variety of work experiences.
- A mentor assigned to each fellow.
- A mid-term gathering of all fellows for shared learning and project planning.
- Park Fellow special projects, developed by each fellow.
- Both hands-on work and learning in the park system:
- Operational overview of the park facilities.
- Routine duties within day-to-day operations of the park.
- Natural resources specific to each park.
- Partnerships vital for building robust park programs.
- Interpretive programs essential for connecting the public to our parks.
This is a 40-hr/week position with some weekend and holiday hours expected. Salary is approximately $480/wk for 12 weeks beginning June 3, 2007 and ending August 17, 2007. Fellows are expected to provide their own transportation.
An application and recommendation are required. Information and forms are available online. Look for “Park Fellows Program” at http://www.mass.gov/dcr/employment.htm.
Applications are due by May 11, 2007.