Employment with the EBC is an exciting opportunity to work with leaders from across the environmental and energy industry. EBC staff work closely with the Executive Director to manage EBC operations, programs, meetings, and membership.
Current open position:
Member Services Coordinator
Proposed salary range: $32,000-$36,000 DOE
Education requirement: Bachelors Degree from a 4-year college or university
The EBC, a 501(c)6 nonprofit business organization, was established in 1990 to support and foster the development of the environmental industry. The goal of the EBC is to enhance business and job growth of both established and emerging environmental and energy businesses. The Environmental Business Council of New England is searching for an energetic and proactive person to take on the role of Member Services Coordinator.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a variety of organizations and businesses in the environmental industry. We are seeking a professional, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual to manage the EBC’s 165+ member companies. This position requires strong organizational skills, effective and professional communication, and the ability to manage multiple meetings throughout the year. Candidates must have business and office experience – accounting experience a plus. The Member Services Coordinator will handle all EBC affairs related to membership, including retention, recruitment, and working directly with the Board of Directors and EBC Committee Leadership. He/she must also be willing to work necessary hours leading up to, during, and immediately following EBC programs and events. This includes early mornings and late evenings. Driver’s license required, car ownership a plus.
Salary range is $32,000 to $36,000 annually. Benefits package includes health insurance and a Savings Incentive Match Plan IRA. EBC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Member Services Coordinator is responsible for:
- Active communication with member companies, management of the annual renewal process, management of the member database
- Using EBC database and financial records the Coordinator presents the status of EBC’s membership at the Board of Directors meetings and works to gain insight from past and current EBC membership trends
- Continued improvement of EBC’s member benefits package, creation of marketing materials, active management of EBC website to promote member companies
Under the direction of the Director of Business Operations:
- Attend EBC programs independently
- Prepare all program materials required, attend program and manage the registration process, troubleshoot A/V issues, assist with set-up and break-down
- Follow-up with attendees post-program, post relevant program information to the EBC website
- Plan and manage each EBC Committee’s meetings throughout the year and act as the point of contact for committee leadership
- Assist with marketing and social media for the organization
- Actively manage the EBC website (WordPress)
- Willing and able to learn basic accounting and non-profit management tasks
- Professional experience with social media platforms: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Proven experience developing marketing materials
- Personal interest in the environment/sustainability
- Willingness to contribute to in-office sustainability initiatives
- Flexible and adaptable personality
Please email a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to email@example.com with subject line “Member Services Coordinator”.