REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR EROSION AND SEDIMENTATION CONTROL INSTRUCTORS
The Massachusetts Association of Conservation Commissions (MACC) is a private non-profit organization located in Belmont whose primary mission is to support and educate Conservation Commissions. MACC has five staff members, an educational consultant, and a working Board of Directors. MACC received a grant to develop new statewide educational programs on erosion and sedimentation control. An Erosion and Sedimentation Control Program Coordinator has been hired to coordinate 20 workshops throughout the state over the next year. MACC is interested in retaining the services of 1 or more erosion and sediment control instructors to teach or co-teach erosion and sedimentation control workshops throughout Massachusetts.
Tasks and Deliverables:
Teach or co-teach a number of 2-day and/or 1-day erosion & sediment control training program(s) geared toward Conservation Commissioners, site inspectors, construction site supervisors, and project designers to be implemented throughout Massachusetts. The training program content will be provided by MACC, although edits and additions may be provided by the vendor, provided the final format and content are mutually agreed upon by the vendor and MACC. These training programs shall include both coastal and inland versions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A current Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC), a Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC or CESSWI), or another equivalent certification in Erosion and Sediment Control is preferred. Substantial field experience with erosion and sedimentation control in the northeast will be considered as a substitution for formal certification.
- The vendor shall have a thorough understanding of current erosion and sediment control technologies, of state and federal environmental regulations and the roles of EPA, DEP, and Conservation Commissions in Massachusetts.
- The vendor shall have extensive experience with construction best management practices, wetland and resource area protection measures, and preferably with Conservation Commissions.
- The vendor shall be a dynamic and interesting speaker and have extensive experience teaching adult professionals and volunteers in construction site management practices, environmental regulations and compliance.
- The vendor shall be able to communicate clearly and collaborate easily with the ESC Program Coordinator, other MACC staff and members of the ESC Technical Advisory Committee, as necessary.
- When applicable and with prior approval by MACC, travel and expenses shall be billed at cost.