The mission of the EBC Dam Management Committee is to identify and address dam management issues that are of interest to EBC members and their clients. Issues include but are not limited to legislative, regulatory and policy developments, innovative technologies, and business development opportunities at the federal, state, regional, and local level. These issues are addressed by providing objective information from up-to-date and reliable sources including government officials, technology developers, and business experts.
To implement this mission statement, the committee will:
- Create and foster an open and ongoing exchange with legislators and regulators.
- Organize focus groups to provide state regulators and policy makers with ideas, experiences and opinions on defined draft policies or regulations.
- Organize quarterly or monthly committee meetings where guest speakers can address topics of concern.
- Organize programs, workshops or conferences on major topics concerning dam management.
- Foster networking opportunities that create opportunities for the EBC membership to meet important stakeholders, including potential clients and other EBC members.
Program topics include:
- Dam Safety & Removal
- Dam Restoration and Remediation
- Flood Plain Management
- Small Hydropower
- Insurance Options for Dam Owners
- Liability and Legal Responsibilities
- Dam Removal for Liability Reduction
- Emergency Action Planning
And work with Federal and State agencies that include:
- Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EOEEA)
- Connecticut DEP
- New Hampshire DES
- Rhode Island DEM
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
Chad W. Cox, P.E., Senior Principal
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
249 Vanderbilt Avenue, Norwood, MA 02062
(781) 278-5787 // chad.cox @ gza.com
The members of the EBC Dam Management Committee Leadership team meet routinely with the committee chair to identify topics for future EBC programs. As part of their responsibility, members of the leadership team will also take on the role of program chair to organize and moderate EBC programs for this Committee.
Current members of the EBC Dam Management Committee Leadership Team include:
Christopher D. Haker, P.E., Principal Engineer
Tighe & Bond
446 Main Street, 13th Floor, Worcester, MA 01608
(508) 320-3168 // cdhaker @ tighebond.com
Invitation - If your company is a member of the EBC and you are interested in being considered as a member of the EBC Dam Management Committee Leadership Team, please send an email with your contact information and a brief bio to Daniel Moon at DMoon @ ebcne.org.
- May 27 - EBC Dam Management Program Series: Dam Safety in New England
- June 25 - EBC Dam Management Series: Role of Hydropower in New Englandís Energy Future
- July 16 - EBC Dam Management Series: Role of Hydropower in New England's Energy Future