EBC Solid Waste Management Program: Innovative Alternative Technologies to Manage Municipal Solid Waste
Thank you to our Co-Host
Looking ahead, the management of municipal solid waste has some serious challenges in Massachusetts and the region, including an increasingly serious disposal capacity shortage as well as a recycling crisis brought on by decisions in China. Can new technology and innovation offer solutions to any of these challenges? Come and learn about leading-edge technologies and processes in municipal solid waste collection, processing, and disposal that are worthy of exploration.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Gretchen Carey, LEED Green Associate, Recycling & Organics Coordinator, Republic Services
- Thomas Mackie, Esq., Vice Chair, Strategic Planning, EBC Board of Directors; Managing Shareholder, Mackie Shea, P.C.
New Market Opportunities for Waste and Recycling in New England
- Craig Stuart-Paul, Chief Executive, Fiberight
Layered Approach: Recycling Organics and Managing Municipal Solid Waste to Highest and Best Use
- Debra Darby, Program & Marketing Director, Organix Solutions
Renescience- An Enzymatic Approach to the Recycling of Mixed Waste
- Simon Chignell, Head of Project Development – United States, Ørsted Green Waste Solutions
Innovation in Separation: Untapped value from MSW
- Peter Vinall, Co-Founder & President, Sustane Technologies
The Tinghu District Solid Waste Master Plan: Yancheng City, Jiangsu Province, China
- George Aronson, Principal, CommonWealth Resource Management Corporation (CRMC)
Synova’s Solution for Waste-to-Energy
- Bram van der Drift, Chief Technology Officer, Synova Power
A Powerful & Intelligent Robotic Revolution
- Rainer Rehn, Chief Compliance Officer, ZenRobotics Ltd.
Following the Speaker Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by Thomas Mackie of Mackie Shea, P.C.
Presentations are posted to the Presentations section of the EBC website.