EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership: Commissioner Suuberg and the Western Region Leadership Team
This EBC program is the fourth in an annual EBC program series of five meetings with the leadership teams of the four regional offices and the headquarters of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP). These programs will provide EBC members, municipal officials, and other attendees from throughout Massachusetts with the opportunity to hear first from Commissioner Suuberg of the DEP and then from the leadership of each of the five Mass DEP regional offices.
This fourth meeting will feature the leadership of the Western Regional Office and focus on the important issues and priorities of Western Massachusetts.
FIVE MOST CRITICAL ISSUES
Plan to attend and learn first-hand about the five most critical environmental issues for the state, the Western Region and each regional bureau chief for 2018 and beyond. With much of the DEP decision making taking place at the regional level, this Western Regional program will also provide an opportunity for attendees to hear from the leadership of the MassDEP Western Region Office as they discuss their hot issues and challenges.
Following is the schedule and meeting locations for the EBC Program Series with MassDEP Leadership:
- September 25, 2018 – Central Region, Location: Bowditch & Dewey, Worcester
- October 2, 2018 – Southeast Region, Location: Brown & Caldwell, Taunton
- October 24, 2018 – Northeast Region, Location: McLane Middleton, Woburn
- November 8, 2018 – Western Region, Location: Tighe & Bond, Westfield
- January 8, 2019 – Boston Headquarters, Location: CDM Smith, Boston
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.0 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Keynote Address: Review of MassDEP Programs and Priorities
- Martin Suuberg, Commissioner, MassDEP
Update from the MassDEP Western Region Leadership Team
- Michael Gorski, Regional Director
- Steve Ellis, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Air and Waste
- Brian Harrington, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Water Resources
- Eva Tor, Deputy Regional Director, Bureau of Waste Site Cleanup
Following the Speaker Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by Fran Hoey of Tighe & Bond.
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through November 6||After November 6|
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 6 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 7. Walk-in registration is accepted at the door.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.