EBC New Hampshire Program: Current Trends in Stormwater Management in New Hampshire and Site Visit to the UNH Stormwater Center
Thank you to our Silver Sponsor
This EBC New Hampshire program will discuss stormwater systems currently in place and innovative stormwater system design and redevelopment. Attendees will have the opportunity to tour the University of New Hampshire Stormwater Center, a dynamic research, testing and educational facility serving as a technical resource for water manager, planners, and design engineers in New England and beyond.
Tom Ballestero, Associate Professor at the University of New Hampshire and Director of the UNH Stormwater Center, will discuss diverse examples of recently installed state of the art stormwater systems, including a brownfields redevelopment site, a new housing development, and a retrofit system for the City of Dover, NH. He will also review on-campus projects and will guide the tour of the UNH Stormwater Center.
Speakers from NH DES and the City of Concord, NH will provide their own observations on trends in stormwater management. A robust panel discussion will explore new stormwater management technologies, green infrastructure, municipal stormwater management and financing, and the impacts of climate change and extreme weather events on stormwater systems.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (4.0 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Introduction and Overview
- Harry Stewart, Program Co-Chair, Senior Associate, Normandeau Associates, Inc.
- Tony Will, Program Co-Chair, Engineered Soils, Read Custom Soils, LLC
Putting Theory into Practice: Municipal and Other Case Studies – Stormwater Treatment Applications
- Thomas Ballestero, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of New Hampshire; Director, UNH Stormwater Center, University of New Hampshire
- Regulator’s Perspective – Ridgely Mauck, P.E., Administrator, Alteration of Terrain, NHDES
- Municipal Perspective – Dave Cedarholm, P.E., City Engineer, City of Concord, NH
- Academic Perspective – Thomas Ballestero, Ph.D., Associate Professor, University of New Hampshire; Director, UNH Stormwater Center, University of New Hampshire
Tour of On-Campus Stormwater Retrofit Systems
- Thomas Ballestero
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (4.0 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
Registration, Networking: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Site Visit: 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
EBC Member: Complimentary
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 1 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Monday, June 4. Walk-in registration is accepted.