Dredging is an important component of environmental restoration, water quality and maintaining smaller waterways that are used by both commercial and recreational users. Dredging can be the responsibility of municipalities, state agencies, and private sector industry. What issues should an owner expect to deal with during the permitting process? What are some of the drivers that force an owner to proceed with a dredging process? What lessons can we learn from the permitting and dredging process? What information can we gain from a successful dredging project?
This EBC Ocean and Coastal Resources annual conference will provide examples of projects from the start of the process, permitting and development, to the completion of the project and the lessons learned.
Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (3.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.
- Andrew Timmis, Director of Business Development – Environmental Group, J.F. Brennan Company, Inc.
Life Cycle of a Small Dredge Project
- Steve Roy, Senior Technical Leader, Weston & Sampson
Portland Harbor CAD Cell Project Update
- Michael Johnson, Project Manager, Stantec
- William Taylor, Partner, Pierce Atwood LLP
USACE Boston Harbor Deepening – An Overview & Project Update
- Stephen Tobin, Vice President, Cashman Dredging & Marine Contracting
Lessons Learned: Dredging and Capping in a Tidal Embayment of the Mystic River
- Matt Grove, Senior Project Manager, Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions
- Jason Raimondi, Project Engineer / Sediment Remediation Specialist Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions
Confined Disposal Facility for Contaminated Dredged Material
- Billie-Jo Gauley, Senior Geologist, Anchor QEA
- Mark Mahoney, Partner, Anchor QEA
Following the Speaker Presentations will be a Panel Discussion moderated by Andrew Timmis of J.F. Brennan Company, Inc.
Registration, Continental Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|If registration occurs ——–>||Through October 26||Through November 7||After November 7|
For EBC Members only – register five attendees for the price of four!
Discount will automatically be applied during online registration.
Cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 7 for a refund. No-shows will be charged. Please keep in mind that online registration for this program will close at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 8. Walk-in registration is accepted at the door.
EBC Members Only – Ascending Professional Rate: $25
Attendees who have worked in the environmental/energy sector for less than 10 years.
Job Seeker Rate: $25
For attendees currently seeking employment, not for those currently self-employed.