Join the Listserv for this EBC Committee to receive and share targeted email communications.
Follow this link and apply to join.
The mission of the EBC Renewable Energy Committee is to identify and address renewable energy issues that are of concern and of interest to EBC members and their clients. Issues include legislative, regulatory and policy developments in the New England states, innovative technologies, recent project successes and how they were accomplished, and business development opportunities at the federal, state, regional, and local level. These issues are addressed by providing objective information from up- to-date and reliable sources including government officials, technology and project developers, and business experts.
To implement this mission statement, the committee will:
- Create and foster an open and ongoing exchange with legislators and regulators.
- Organize focus groups to provide state regulators and policy makers with ideas, experiences and opinions on defined draft policies or regulations.
- Organize routine committee meetings where guest speakers can address topics of concern.
- Organize seminars, workshops or conferences on major renewable energy issues.
- Organize Matchmaking sessions that focus on one or more renewable energy sectors.
- Foster networking opportunities that creating opportunities for the EBC membership to meet important stakeholders, potential clients and other EBC members.
Programs of Interest:
- Wind Power
- Solar Energy
- Geothermal energy
- Anaerobic digestion
- Landfill gas
- Fuel Cells
- Hydrokinetic (wave and in-stream)
Stephen B. Barrett, LEED AP, Director of Clean Energy
Harris Miller Miller & Hanson, Inc.
77 South Bedford St., Burlington, MA 01803
781.229.0707 x3125 // sbarrett(at)hmmh(dot)com
John W. Wadsworth, Partner
Brown Rudnick, LLP
One Financial Center, Boston, MA 02111
617.856.8596 // jwadsworth(at)brownrudnick(dot)com
The members of the EBC Renewable Energy Committee Leadership team meet routinely with the committee chair to identify topics for future EBC programs. As part of their responsibility, members of the leadership team will also take on the role of program chair to organize and moderate EBC programs for this committee.
Current members of the EBC Renewable Energy Committee Leadership Team include:
Juliet Browne, Partner
One Portland Square, Portland, ME 04112
207.253.4608 // jbrowne(at)verrilldana(dot)com
Bay Corp Holdings, Ltd.
1 New Hampshire Avenue, Suite 207, Portsmouth, NH 03801
603.766.8748 // acallendrello(at)baycorpholdings(dot)com
Fran Hoey, PE, LEED-AP, Senior Vice President
Tighe & Bond
53 Southampton Road, Westfield, MA 01085
413.572.3262 // FJHoey(at)tighebond(dot)com
Stephen A. Sakakeeny, LSP, CPG, CHMM
Sak Environmental, LLC
231 Sutton Street, Suite 2G, North Andover, MA 01845
978.688.7804 x112 // ssakakeeny(at)sakenvironmental(dot)com
Mitchell Wurmbrand, CCM
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
655 Winding Brook Drive, Suite 402, Glastonbury, CT 06033
860.858.3104 // mitchell.wurmbrand(at)gza(dot)com
If your company is a member of the EBC and you are interested in being considered as a member of the EBC Renewable Energy Committee Leadership Team, please send an email with your contact information and a brief bio to Daniel Moon at DMoon@ebcne.org.
- April 29, 2014 – EBC Renewable Energy Program: Massachusetts Solar Energy Program: The Transition from SREC-I to SREC-II
- February 12, 2014 - EBC Rhode Island Chapter Program: Renewable Energy Initiatives in Rhode Island
- November 8, 2013 - EBC Solid Waste/Renewable Energy/Water Resources Program: Anaerobic Digestion of Food Waste at WWTPs – Comparing Source Separation and “Down the Pipe” approaches
- October 31, 2013 - EBC Renewable Energy and Air & Climate Change Committee Joint Meeting
- October 25, 2013 - EBC Renewable Energy Program: Low-Impact Hydropower – A New Paradigm
- October 1, 2013 - EBC / MassDEP Renewable Energy Program:Renewable Energy for Wastewater and Drinking Water Facilities
- September 27, 2013 - EBC Renewable Energy Committee Meeting
- September 24, 2013 - EBC NH Chapter Program: Developments in Renewable Energy in the State of New Hampshire
- August 13, 2013 - EBC Renewable Energy Committee – Planning Meeting
- June 27, 2013 – EBC Renewable Energy Program: An Update on Offshore Wind Developments in New England
- June 21, 2013 – EBC Renewable Energy Program: The Promise of Smart Grid – What it Means for Renewables
- May 14, 2013 - Renewable Energy Site Visit – Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum Geothermal Section
- March 15, 2013 - Renewable Energy on Brownfields-DEP/DOER/EPA
- February 27, 2013 - Marine Hydrokinectic (Wave) Energy
- January 25, 2013 - Energy Storage Program
- January 15, 2013 - Renewable Energy Committee Meeting
- January 8, 2013 - NH Thermal Energy Program
- December 11, 2012 - Renewable Energy Committee- Site Vist to the Lightolier Wind Turbine
- November 2, 2012 - Anaerobic Digestion- From Waste to Energy
- October 18, 2012 - CT Renewable Energy Committee – New Opportunities
- October 16, 2012 - Renewable Energy Committee
- September 25, 2012 - Renewable Energy Committee Meeting
- September 18, 2012 - New Opportunities in for Renewable Energy Projects
- August 10, 2012 – Renewable Energy Leadership Meeting
- July 26, 2012 - DOER/Mass DEP Renewable Energy at Closed Landfills
- June 26, 2012 - Renewable Energy Meeting Site Visit- Zero-Net Building at North Shore Community College
- June 22, 2012 - NH Chapter Renewable Energy at Closed Landfills
- May 23, 2012 – EBC Solar Energy Matchmaking Program
- April 11, 2012 – EBC Renewable Energy Program: Geothermal Energy Development in New England
- March 27 2012 - Renewable Energy Committee Meeting
- February 21- Renewable Energy Committee Meeting
- February 10 – EBC Wind Energy Program: Status of Offshore Wind Planning in New England: Reviewing the Building Blocks of an Emerging Industry