The mission of the EBC Renewable Energy Committee is to identify and address renewable energy issues that are of concern and of interest to EBC members and their clients. Issues include legislative, regulatory and policy developments in the New England states, innovative technologies, recent project successes and how they were accomplished, and business development opportunities at the federal, state, regional, and local level. These issues are addressed by providing objective information from up- to-date and reliable sources including government officials, technology and project developers, and business experts.
To implement this mission statement, the committee will:
- Create and foster an open and ongoing exchange with legislators and regulators.
- Organize focus groups to provide state regulators and policy makers with ideas, experiences and opinions on defined draft policies or regulations.
- Organize routine committee meetings where guest speakers can address topics of concern.
- Organize seminars, workshops or conferences on major renewable energy issues.
- Organize Matchmaking sessions that focus on one or more renewable energy sectors.
- Foster networking opportunities that creating opportunities for the EBC membership to meet important stakeholders, potential clients and other EBC members.
Programs of Interest:
- Wind Power
- Solar Energy
- Geothermal energy
- Anaerobic digestion
- Landfill gas
- Fuel Cells
- Hydrokinetic (wave and in-stream)
Stephen B. Barrett, LEED AP, Director of Clean Energy
Harris Miller Miller & Hanson, Inc.
77 South Bedford St., Burlington, MA 01803
(781) 229-0707 x3125 // sbarrett @ hmmh.com
John W. Wadsworth, Partner
Brown Rudnick, LLP
One Financial Center, Boston, MA 02111
(617) 856-8596 // jwadsworth @ brownrudnick.com
The members of the EBC Renewable Energy Committee Leadership team meet routinely with the committee chair to identify topics for future EBC programs. As part of their responsibility, members of the leadership team will also take on the role of program chair to organize and moderate EBC programs for this Committee.
Current members of the EBC Renewable Energy Committee Leadership Team include:
Juliet Browne, Partner
One Portland Square, Portland, ME 04112
(207) 253-4608 // jbrowne @ verrilldana.com
Bay Corp Holdings, Ltd.
1 New Hampshire Avenue, Suite 207, Portsmouth, NH 03801
(603) 766-8748 // acallendrello @ baycorpholdings.com
Fran Hoey, PE, LEED-AP, Senior Vice President
Tighe & Bond
53 Southampton Road, Westfield, MA 01085
(413) 572-3262 // FJHoey @ tighebond.com
Mitchell Wurmbrand, CCM
655 Winding Brook Drive, Suite 402, Glastonbury, CT 06033
(860) 858-3104 // mitchell.wurmbrand @ gza.com
Mimi Zhang, Principal Analyst
Sustainable Energy Advantage
10 Speen Street, 3rd Floor, Framingham, MA 01701
(508) 665-5860 // mzhang @ seadvantage.com
Invitation - If your company is a member of the EBC and you are interested in being considered as a member of the EBC Renewable Energy Committee Leadership Team, please send an email with your contact information and a brief bio to Daniel Moon at DMoon @ ebcne.org.
If you are interested in joining the EBC Renewable Energy Committee listserv, please email your name, company and email address to ebc @ ebcne.org and include the name of the committee in the subject line of the email.
- December 11, 2012 - Renewable Energy Committee- Site Vist to the Lightolier Wind Turbine
- November 2, 2012 - Anaerobic Digestion- From Waste to Energy
- October 18, 2012 - CT Renewable Energy Committee - New Opportunities
- October 16, 2012 - Renewable Energy Committee
- September 25, 2012 - Renewable Energy Committee Meeting
- September 18, 2012 - New Opportunities in for Renewable Energy Projects
- August 10, 2012 - Renewable Energy Leadership Meeting
- July 26, 2012 - DOER/Mass DEP Renewable Energy at Closed Landfills
- June 26, 2012 - Renewable Energy Meeting Site Visit- Zero-Net Building at North Shore Community College
- June 22, 2012 - NH Chapter Renewable Energy at Closed Landfills